#MondayMotivation Life’s Lessons Through My Playlist
I have officially been on this earth for a little over a quarter of a century. Life has taught me many lessons and I decided to share my playlist of a few life lessons with you.
- "Til It's Gone" Janet Jackson. Enjoy what you have while you have it. Even if right now you think you have nothing, things will change. People will come and go. There will be a time when you'll wish things would slow down. There will be a time when you wish things would pick up. And they will. Until then, find the good in the now.
- "U Don't Know" Jay Z. The only way you'll fail is if you give yourself that option. Jay Z said he wouldn't lose and he didn't. We should be so committed that we know our time will come. It has been proven time and time again that if you want something with all your heart, set your mind on it, and act toward it, it will come. 2 Chainz is making a living off a career built from nothing but pure conviction. He believed in himself so strongly that other people caught on and now he's living his dream. I wake up, look in the mirror, and ask myself, "Can you cop Maybachs like white tees yet?" If the answer is no, I get to work.
- "Smile" Nat King Cole. Smile. The song title says it all. I'm convinced everyone looks and feels better when they smile. It's one of the few gestures that's universally understood. A smile can say so much. Even if times are hard, try to take a moment and remember to smile.
- "Oops" Tweet. The best way to get to know you is to spend some time with you. So many issues and conflicts can be resolved if everyone took the time to know who they are and be honest with themselves. Everything is first started within then it manifests without. How can I tell someone what I like if I've never taken the time to find out?
- "We Are One" Maze and Frankie Beverly. We're all in this together. This lesson is strongly related to the previous one because when we come to know ourselves, we know others. We are all headed to the same place and we will all get there. Instead of knocking people over to get there faster, why not reach out a hand and bring them along. People are going through enough without you adding to it.
- "The Rain Don't Last" Hope. When life feels too monotonous or routine, it's time to switch something up. Variety is the spice of life. It excites me and keeps me on my toes which is right where I like to be. As much as I can I try to do something everyday that is different from what I did the previous day. Life is an adventure, the only thing that should be predictable is it's unpredictability.
- "Hiiipower" Kendrick Lamar. Instead of seeking truth, create your own. We can go to church for years, read the bible everyday, and talk to every elder we know but if we never live and process information for ourselves we will just be sleep walking through this dream called life.
- "Ironic" Alanis Morisette. There are no coincidences only signs. This is what "A Course In Miracles" teaches. Everything happens for a reason. When you are on the right path, the universe will let you know through coincidences or deja vu. At the same time just because you're not experiencing a coincidence doesn't mean youre on the wrong track. Keep your eyes open for signs because they are always there, you just have to be receptive to them.
I am no expert on life but I think maybe someone can learn something from what I've been through if I share it. Here it is the anniversary of my grand entrance into this world and I don't really feel like celebrating. It's definitely a reason to celebrate but as I think about what I want to accomplish, I realize there's still work to be done. And popping a bottle in a club isn't gonna help me do it. No shade, that's just not my life right now. I don't know if all birthdays after
25 19 will feel like this or if I'll even feel like this tomorrow, but right now I am focused on my focus. I have wasted enough time. For me, now is the time to apply what I've learned and take action.
What lessons has life taught you? What songs are on the playlist to your life and why? Let me know!